The following is provided to give you ample time to familiarise yourself with the contract you enter into from reservation, provision of personal details and payment, to the collection of the hired vehicle.
This hire is subject to the terms and conditions of this contract as recorded here available from the hiring agent with the vehicle hereby hired. All hirer’s are to read and accept the hirer’s declaration below before signing.
This agreement authorises the company to charge nominated cards and take other action to collect debts from the hirer and to exchange details with debt collection agencies. Limited insurance only is provided. Paying for the hire does not guarantee that the vehicle is fit for the intended use. The hirer must assess the condition and suitability before and during the hire and be responsible for additional charges resulting from the hire, if any, particularly during long hires, if damage or loss occurs, fair wear and tear accepted.
You should not sign this Agreement unless you are sure you understand its effect and are prepared to take responsibility for the vehicle here by hired for the period of this agreement and until the vehicle is returned to the Owner. DO NOT Proceed with this hire if you are unwilling or unable to meet any consequential safety and financial risks and obligations arising from the hire and your chosen usage plus any extra fees, tolls, fines, accidents, breakdowns or recovery costs that may occur during the hire.
HIRER’s DECLARATION AND SIGNATURE OF HIRER(s).
- 2ND Hirer…………………………………………………………
I, the above named person, agree to hire the vehicle identified on a SELF SERVE basis for the fee and period shown on this page having read and accepted the Company’s terms and conditions available to me here in printed form for the motor vehicle and/or trailer, as appropriate, hereby hired and defined below as the ‘vehicle’. I acknowledge all information provided by me is true and correct,
I agree to pay all tolls at time of travel or otherwise be charged a standard $33.00 administration fee plus the toll charge for each toll incurred (if self move hire is not notified within 48 hours of the toll being used). i also permit the company to send me a follow-up email after this hire and i understand that i can unsubscribe from receiving future emails at any time thereafter.
COMMON CONDITIONS- ALL VEHICLES AND HIRES
Driver Licence Requirements
A valid driving licence from the renter’s country of residence must be presented in person at the time of rental. This licence must include a photo and be written in English and must represent legally authorized, uninterrupted driving privileges, and unrestricted Driver Licence (i.e. not a probationary Licence) in the country of residence for at least one year immediately prior to the rental pick-up date.
This licence must certify the driver as qualified to legally operate the class and category of vehicle being rented. All driver licences printed non Latin/Roman characters must be accompanied by a valid International Driving Permit (IDP). All forms of documentation must be issued to the same person, in the same name, and presented together at the time of rental.
Note: Chinese drivers licences are acceptable as long as they are also accompanied with a full English translation from an approved translator. This also includes a notary translation done in China.
Joint Hirers and all drivers must be named on this Contract and are joint and severally responsible under this Agreement to strictly observe all conditions and actions listed.
No oral statements over ride this written Agreement which is the whole Agreement between the Company and the Hirer. The Agreement applies equally regardless of the Hirer being a Company, constituted body or male or female.
Additional Driver Policy
Additional drivers must meet the same restrictions as the primary driver
Insurance and insurance excess
Standard Insurance Cover is included in most hire rates. Standard Insurance Cover reduces customer liability from the full value of the vehicle to a nominated excess of $7000. Excess Reduction Cover can be purchased at the time of hire to reduce the excess payable in the event of an insurance claim. Coverage conditions may vary by vehicle or rental type. Customer may inquire for additional information of the benefits, conditions and acceptance at the time of rental. Global insurance coverages are always subject to change. Please verify at time of rental.
Please note: that even if you purchase Excess Reduction Cover, you are always responsible for the full costs of repairing any damage (for example, damage which occurs if you drive the vehicle into a bridge, a tunnel, a tree or the roof or boom gate of a car park); underbody damage (for example, damage to the exhaust systems, suspension and chassis caused by carelessly driving over gutters or kerbs or driving along poor quality roads at excessive speeds); water damage; or damage caused by breach of the rental agreement.
Excess Reduction Insurance is charged at 20% of the total hire amount and once purchased will reduce the excess payable to $750; subject to the stated terms and conditions.
The Excess Reduction fee cannot be used to waive the excess after a collision has occurred. It is only available to purchase at the time of booking and/or prior to the commencement of the hire.
The stated Excess payment is payable on demand, after the damage has been assessed and before any damage claim will be accepted by the Owner.
No insurance cover is provided when this Agreement is breached by the Hirer, the vehicle is overdue and hire extensions are unauthorised and/or not paid in advance of usage. No insurance also applies when the Driver is not named on the Agreement.
Tyre & Windscreen Waiver – the hirer is responsible for any tyre and/or windscreen damage that occurs whilst the vehicle is in their possession and will be responsible for the payment to fix/replace any damaged tyres or windscreens. This liability is waived by the hirer by paying the insurance excess waiver (above) of 20% of hire unless other- wise stated to reduce the insurance excess and cover the windscreens and tyres during the hire period. Where the optional Excess Reduction Insurance fee is paid for Motor Vehicle hire, the insurance excess payable by the Hirer is reduced from $7000 to the applicable hire deposit amount of $700.00, for all insurance claims accepted by the Company.
Unauthorised or prohibited use
USE is not permitted while the Driver is INTOXICATED, OR UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS, as defined by law. If found, you will be referred to the police.
The vehicle must NOT be used to carry any ANIMAL or pet whatsoever. If you do, you are taking and accepting full responsibility for injury or damage in connection with the animal being carried and will not be entitled to any refunds, deposits and may be charged cleaning, administration or excess fees that will be applicable at the time of investigation.
The vehicle must NOT be immersed in any river, sea or flood waters.
The Hirer must not DRIVE OR TOW if inexperienced with the vehicle type or when holding a drivers licence for less than 2 years or when under the age of 23 years in regard to motor vehicle hires.
The Hirer must NOT carry dangerous goods, any flammable or explosive substance or any goods which require specialist licence to transport in the Hired vehicle.
The Hirer must NOT engage in any race, trial or paceway event or drive in any overloaded or dangerous manner. If caught, then you will be referred to the police and this hire agreement will become null and void.
Financial obligations & cancellation policy
Payment & Debit Collection Methods
Self Move Hire accepts any debit card for the payment of a vehicle rental which:
- is issued by a bank or other financial institution; and
- displays the MasterCard or Visa logo; and
- has the customers name and card number on the card.
At commencement of rental, Self Move Hire does not accept a prepaid or reloadable stored value card, a travel money card or an EFTPOS card. A credit or debit card as outlined above must be presented at commencement of rental. Upon completion of rental, some Self Move Hire locations will accept cash as a form of payment.
At the start of your rental a hold will be placed on your account for total rental charges plus an additional pre-authorisation of $400. Charges will be processed after completion of the rental and if applicable the unused portion of the authorisation will be released to you. Depending on your bank, this may take up to 10 business days. Self Move Hire will not be held responsible for any overdraft fees based on this policy.
Late Fee Policy For any vehicle returned after the booked drop off time, a late fee will be applied. For the first 15 mins a late fee of $25 will be applied. For the period after 15mins to an hour, and each consecutive hour after that, a late fee of $77 will be applied for each hour the vehicle is returned late.
Payment Payment for all hires and any additional charges including but not limited to: hire, fines, late return, insurance, infringements, fuel, excess, late payment etc is required immediately by the hirer; upon notification of these charges by Self Move Hire. Self Move Hire reserves the right to deduct any monies owing from the bond.
If after 14 days following notification, Self Move Hire has not received payment in full for outstanding monies owed, it may, without further notification, pass the debt onto our appointed Collections Agent. In the event of a debt being passed to our collections agent, an administration fee equal to 20% of the debt will be automatically applied.
Local Hires: 7 days or more from the pickup date is 30% or $33.00 whichever is greater. Less then 7days but more than 48 hours before pickup time – 50% of the hire. Within 48 hours and 24 hours from pick-up time – 75% of hire fee. Within 24hours NO REFUND
One-Way Hires & Interstate Hires: Over 7 days 70% refund. Less than 7 days but more than 48 hours: 50% refund. Less than 48 Hours: NO REFUND.
PAY on demand for any damages & losses, including loss of use, incurred by the Owner resulting from the Hire due to any cause resulting from the Hire when no insurance cover is available including damage from flood, overhead and under body damage and when the driver is unlicensed or his blood alcohol or drug percentage exceed amounts permitted by law or when any breaches of this Agreement occurs, such as allowing an UNIDENTIFIED DRIVER to control or tow the vehicle.
Accept the company has a right to repossess, track or isolate the hired vehicle without notice and at the Hirer’s expense if it is illegally parked, used in violation of the law or in violation of this Agreement.
DEPOSITS are payable at the commencement of each hire for all cash customers and on demand for Credit Card Customers. All deposits paid are refundable following the return of the vehicle to the Agent provided that the vehicle is returned on time and undamaged during the hire period. Extra fees may be deducted from the deposit before refunding. The deposits are not returned and become payable on demand when any breach of this Agreement, damage or loss has occurred regardless of the cause or when extra fees become payable and are not otherwise paid. Please allow 10 business days for bonds to be refunded.
Deposits are $500 for all vehicle hires. Deposits are $700 for Hirer’s and Drivers with overseas licences unless local identification is accepted prior to the hire commencing unless approved by the Owner.
Motor vehicle specific conditions:
The Hirer must agree as follows:
- Before the vehicle leaves the pickup location with the vehicle all photos of the vehicle (4 sides and fuel and speedo reading) must be forwarded to email@example.com and
- On completion, the hirer must send photos of all four sides of the vehicle and a photo of both the fuel gauge and the speedo and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please ensure care is taken. If a photo is taken of the speedo section but the reading is not displayed, we will go by the previous or next hirer to determine km’s travelled.)
- Check the vehicle for roadworthiness, safety and suitability for intended use prior to and during the hire.
- Stop and call Self Move Hire on 1300 826 883 (any hour) immediately, if any malfunction, defect or discrepancy is encountered, or if unable, or unsure, in regard to the condition of the vehicle, or the requirements of this Agreement. Failure to do so may result in loss of hire, and repair costs.
- Report any vehicle Damage, accident and/or collisions to the owner immediately (or within four (4) hours) and provide Police and witness details for all accidents and collisions. Written reports of all accidents are to be forwarded to the Company Head Office (Self Move Hire) within 48 hours of the accident. The deposit payment must accompany all collision reports before Self Move Hire will provide insurance cover to the Hirer. Property damage not reported and accompanied by the applicable payment of deposit amount shown above, within 48 hours of the collision, remains the responsibility of the Driver/Hirer.
- Accept responsibility for all traffic violations, fines and toll road fees accrued during the hire period.
- Secure all loads with fasteners of appropriate strength & number to prevent movement of loads and accept all liability arising from damage to the load, or caused by the load moving, during the hire.
- Check and Maintain all relevant oil and radiator coolant levels and air pressures, during the hire period. The Hirer must accept liability for any damage occurred during the hire if engine oil and coolant levels are not maintained or if the vehicle is driven when warning indicators are displayed on the instrument panel.
- Replace any fuel used by the hired vehicle during the hire and only fill with the correct fuel type as shown on this Agreement.
- Pay on demand any charges for excess kilometres traveled beyond the initial agreement at the rate stated on the recent price list as of time of call.
- Accept and be liable for all damage caused while Reversing and any other damage not covered by insurance such as flood, mechanical and overhead damage plus all damage in any Single Vehicle Accident which are a consequence of this Hire.
- Tow ratings shown must not be exceeded.